Two Available Positions:
Electrical Engineer - REA Energy Cooperative, is seeking an Electrical Engineer. Successful applicant will be working out of our Indiana, Pennsylvania office.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the Manager of Engineering, Operations, Right of Way Supervisor and other staking engineers to set priorities for construction of system improvements in the current work Plan
- Monitor coordinated protection performance and design, assist and recommend solutions to anomalies.
- Consults with engineering and operation’s personnel to plan, and implement alternate feed arrangements and switching operations to allow for voltage conversion, planned maintenance and power restoration.
- Investigate, design and stake distribution lines, services, relocation and street lighting. Prepare necessary staking sheets to initiate required construction.
- Provide advice and assistance to members and REA employees to assure compliance with RUS standards, code and overall member satisfaction.
- Provide internal engineering and or technical support as required while complying with REA Energy Cooperative Safe Work Practice Manual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or BSEET), 1-5 years of experience is required, preferably with an electric utility background.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and operation of distribution systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact and communicate engineering designs to technical and non-technical personnel both within and outside the Cooperative.
- Experience with computer networking, computer based mapping and SCADA systems is desired.
- Serve as a member of an on-call team on a rotating basis for supervisory call-out duties as well as being available as needed during storm situations.
Journeyman Lineperson - REA Energy Cooperative, is seeking a Journeyman Lineman. Successful applicant will be working out of our Indiana, Pennsylvania office.
- Installing and Removing distribution transformers and associated devices, including underground
- Installing and Removing conductors and equipment on poles and buildings
- Installing safety equipment on conductors and equipment
- Stringing, splicing, sagging, and insulating conductors and wires
- Installing and removing poles, structures and associated devices
- Performing switching and tagging operations under the direction of management
- Patrolling transmission and distribution
- Completion of an accredited Four-Year Apprentice Program
- Skills in pole climbing
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and operation of distribution systems
- Thorough knowledge of metering equipment and installations
- Thoroughly familiar with the use and application of protective equipment for working on or near energized conductors
- Possess a Class A CDL
- Willing to relocate within 30 minutes from the Indiana Office
- Willing to work when needed/required
REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. was formed in 1937 to provide reliable electric service at an affordable price for rural residents in Western Pennsylvania. We rely on our employees to provide reliable electric service in the safest manner. We empower our employees to provide a safe-work environment, through training, communication and Safe Work Practices.
REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value our employees and recognize that they are one of our greatest assets. REA Energy provides competitive pay, company-sponsored pension program, 401(k) plans with employer contributions, medical and dental insurance programs, and life insurance. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, PO Box 70, Indiana PA 15701.
REA Energy is always looking for the best talent to work for us. Our culture is focused on member service, safety, teamwork, and work ethic. If you believe you have these qualities, we invite you to send us your information. Additionally, get to know us better by navigating through the website and make sure you are a fit and we are a fit for your career goals.
REA Energy is a rural electric distribution cooperative that provides service to over 22,000 consumers in the region surrounding Indiana, Pennsylvania. REA generates annual revenues of approximately $38 million and has a net plant value of about $73 million. REA averages eight consumers per mile of distribution plant (2,624 miles of line).
Indiana, Pennsylvania is approximately 50 miles northeast of Pittsburgh and home to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Our service area offers a great place to raise a family with great schools and low crime rates.
REA offers an attractive salary and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit resume, salary requirements, and three references to:
Human Resources, REA Energy Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 70, Indiana, PA 15701. Or e-mail: email@example.com. Information on REA and/or Indiana, PA is also available at the following websites:
Statement of Non-Discrimination
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.