Water Heater Management Program for REA Energy Members only!
Call REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. (REA) today to see if you are qualified to join the water heater program. One of our employees will ask you a series of questions for joining the program. If you are qualified, you may even be eligible to receive a FREE electric water heater. **Certain conditions apply. See below for more details**
About the Water Heater Management Program
This innovative program also helps control power costs for all members by reducing the amount REA must pay for purchased power. And best of all it could help reduce your family's energy expenses by giving you a new Marathon™ high efficiency electric water heater FREE if qualified!!!
By reducing the peak demand for electricity, it saves everyone money and preserves our natural resources by:
♦ Reducing the need to build additional generating stations and transmission lines
♦ Requiring less fossil fuels to meet peak demands
♦ Ensuring that everyone has enough power when needed
♦ Eliminating the need for REA to purchase expensive peak electricity, thus lowering your monthly electric bills
Benefits of the Water Heater Management Program
REA's Water Heater Management Program comes with the most service and support for the most convenience. Our trained service technicians are on call 24 hours a day so that you can call us anytime if your water heater malfunctions.
- To be eligible for the program, if you have an electric water heater, it must be in proper working condition.
- If you are converting to electric water heating, you may be eligible. Water heater must be solely electric, not supplemented by gas, propane, etc. You must prepare the area for our technicians to install the water heater and demand response switch.
- If you are building a home and installing an electric water heater, you may be eligible for a free heater.
- Home must be on a permanent foundation, with an area of three (3) feet wide by six (6) feet high for the water heater to be installed. Manufactured homes are not eligible for the program.
- Once you get a free water heater, you must stay on the program for a minimum of five (5) years. If you go off the program before the five (5) years is up, you will be charged a prorated amount for the balance of the cost of the tank.
If you are an REA Energy Member residing in Western Pennsylvania wishing to enroll or receive more information, please call:
(724) 349-4800 or 1-800-211-5667
You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org