Available Position (Journeyman Lineman)
Journeyman Lineman - Sign-on Bonus, Full Benefits and Moving Expense Assistance Available!
REA Energy Cooperative, is seeking Journeyman Lineman. Successful applicants will be working out of our Indiana, Pennsylvania office.
REA Energy Cooperative, is seeking Journeyman Lineman. Successful applicants will be working out of our Indiana, Pennsylvania office. REA Energy provides long-term careers, competitive pay, company-sponsored pension program, 401(k) plan with employer contributions, medical and dental insurance programs, and life insurance.
- Installing and Removing distribution transformers and associated devices, including underground
- Installing and Removing conductors and equipment on poles and buildings
- Installing safety equipment on conductors and equipment
- Stringing, splicing, sagging, and insulating conductors and wires
- Installing and removing poles, structures and associated devices
- Performing switching and tagging operations under the direction of management
- Patrolling transmission and distribution
- Completion of a qualified four-year apprentice lineman/line-worker training program with certification of the successful completion of the program.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Class A CDL with a satisfactory driving and safety record.
- Working knowledge of the duties of the position with knowledge or ability to learn RUS construction specifications and a portion of the National Electric Safety Code.
- Manual dexterity to maintain proper safety while performing work from the pole in hooks or in the bucket, while driving the line truck and in normal operation of a winch truck, line construction vehicle(s), four- wheelers or other tools,
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and prioritize job tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly, speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situation. Listen in order to clearly understand the needs of the member.
- Ability to analyze information, coordinate people and resources and communicate with a variety of co-workers.
- Maintain a professional attitude- Carry out tasks with attention to detail and refrain from causing or contributing to disruptions or confrontations in the workplace.
- Be a team player- Balance team and individual responsibilities. Give and welcome feedback respectfully.
- Be open to change- Adaptable to frequent changes in the work environment, managements competing demands, and respond openly to unexpected events.
- Thorough knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Willingness to attend courses relating to this area of work.
- Personal characteristics shall include integrity, self-motivation, positive professional image, courtesy, good attendance, and excellent problem-solving skills.
REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. was formed in 1937 to provide reliable electric service at an affordable price for rural residents in Western Pennsylvania. We rely on our employees to provide reliable electric service in the safest manner. We empower our employees to provide a safe-work environment, through training, communication and Safe Work Practices.
REA Energy Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value our employees and recognize that they are one of our greatest assets. REA Energy provides , company-sponsored pension program, 401(k) plans with employer contributions, medical and dental insurance programs, and life insurance for full-time employees.
REA Energy is always looking for the best talent to work for us. Our culture is focused on member service, safety, teamwork, and work ethic. If you believe you have these qualities, we invite you to send us your information. Additionally, get to know us better by navigating through the website and make sure you are a fit and we are a fit for your career goals.
REA Energy is a rural electric distribution cooperative that provides service to over 22,000 consumers in the region surrounding Indiana, Pennsylvania. REA generates annual revenues of approximately $38 million and has a net plant value of about $73 million. REA averages eight consumers per mile of distribution plant (2,624 miles of line). Indiana, Pennsylvania is approximately 50 miles northeast of Pittsburgh and home to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Our service area offers a great place to raise a family with great schools and low crime rates.
Please submit resume, salary requirements, and three references to: Human Resources, REA Energy Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 70, Indiana, PA 15701. Or e-mail: email@example.com. Information on REA and/or Indiana, PA is also available at the following websites:
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org. USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.