2024 Youth Tour
What is the Government-in-Action Youth Tour?
Every June, as many as 1,500 high school students from across the country spend a week in the nation's capital as part of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. The students are sponsored by electric cooperatives – cooperatives that are committed to educating America's rural youth about America and the role electric cooperatives play in developing strong rural communities.
Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
Youth Tour includes:
- An all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C.
- Tour of our nation’s capital.
- Visits with federal legislators.
- Visits to famous landmark sites, including the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument.
- A visit to the Smithsonian Institute.
- Trip to the National Zoo.
- Excellent opportunity to meet with other students from all across the nation.
- Great educational opportunity and fun-filled week of adventure.
- Tour dates: June (TBA)